The mission of the Woodbine School Parent Association is to enrich the school community. We accomplish this by organizing volunteer support, staff appreciation, the yearbook, and school clothing. We facilitate school dances, book fairs, and fundraising events such as AGLC casinos and enrichment drives. Lastly, we direct how contributions are spent.
All meetings of the Parent Association are open to the public. We welcome new ideas and new people at our meetings!
See our Events page for the meeting schedule.
Where We Help
The Parent Association is responsible for:
- Teacher Appreciation
- Volunteer coordination (except for in school and field trips)
The Parent Council is responsible for:
- Feedback on School Planning and Direction
- Reporting to the Board of the Calgary Board of Education
- Advising the principal and the board of trustees on school matters
- Chair – Vacant until October 2023 AGM
- Vice Chair – Tina Wheeler
- Secretary – Lisa Bergmann
- Treasurer – Sara McHardy
- Director at large – Social Media – Samantha Griffin
- Director at large – Events – Lindsay Mills
- Director at large – Stefan Underwood
- Volunteer – Deb Geldreich
- Woodcreek Community Liaison – Pooja Sharma
- Casino / AGLC – Jess Stoy & Ed Wheeler
- Fundraising Coordinator – Tina Wheeler
The Woodbine School Parent Association Bylaws were just approved during the February 2023 meeting. Once the bylaws have been submitted to the registry, we will post them here.